Lean on Me ~ A Painting a Week

Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2010

Lean on Me

When I started this blog in 2007 I had made a New Year's Resolution to complete a painting a week. Looking back on that year I actually did quite well, I got into the swing of taking the time (mostly on weekends) to paint a small piece in one to two hours.
This was great practice, I learned a lot and really think I improved through this exercise.

But as so often (and I hope I'm not the only one like that) my focus changed from one thing to the next - that's the problem with being interested in many things - and I concentrated on painting bigger canvases, more abstract, and taking more time. Definitely more than two hours once a week.

For this year I hope to be able to combine both interests (and more). So I plan to:
- keep working on bigger canvases in my studio
- coming back to doing smaller, quick paintings
- sketching! (that's a scary idea for me, but I'm sure it'll pay out...)
- and subject wise concentrating on portraits and the human figure.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

This is a piece I finished end of last year. It's a commission by a very dear friend and it's going to her brother and sister-in-law as a wedding gift.

"Lean on Me"
Acrylic on Canvas
80 x 80 cm
I'll deliver it this evening - hope they like it!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Wow, das sieht mal wieder ganz toll aus!! Ist dir sehr gut gelungen! Liebe Gruesse von Momo