Just a short note... ~ A Painting a Week

Freitag, 31. August 2007

Just a short note...

Just a short note to say I'm leaving on a short vacation this morning.

I'm soooo excited to go to France and all the way to the Loire Valley:

Loire Valley (French: Vallée de la Loire) is known as the Garden of France and the Cradle of the French Language. It is also noteworthy for the quality of its architectural heritage, in its historic towns such as Amboise, Angers, Blois, Chinon, Orléans, Saumur, and Tours, but in particular for its world-famous castles, such as the Châteaux d'Amboise, Château de Villandry and Chenonceau.

So there's everything: beautiful landscape, an impressive river running through it, historic towns (with nice coffee shops and good restaurants!) - and of course the famous Châteaux of the Loire Valley!

Just to give you an idea, this is Château de Chenonceau...

Château de Chenonceau as seen from Diane de Poitiers' gardens
I'll take my painting gear along and hope to do at least some studies... and take a lot of pictures like this ...

View of the arches and west facade of the Pont de Diane over the River Cher

So I'll be back end of next week....


Technorati tags: - -

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

What a pity I didn't now you were coming, I live in Montlouis sur Loire, just between Amboise and Tours...would've loved to meet you! I hope you are enjoying our area!
Ronel